Overview of Route Monitoring Application
Route Monitoring Application is designed for mapping various parameters. The application is modular and capable of creating additional interfaces for communication with different measuring instruments and sensors, which meet certain requirements (measuring instrument should support RS232 or Bluetooth with SPP).
Wireless connection to a measuring device
The application connects to a measuring device via Bluetooth wireless technology and stores measured values depending on GPS location.
Real-time Access to Measured Data and Fast Analysis of Measurements
The application is interactive and shows measured data on the map in real time. Measured points have different colors depending on the measured value and preset levels of color scale. The application also allows immediate review of data on a graph, so that user can quickly analyze data during the measurement. Each point on the graph can easily be displayed on the map within measurement location. All captured data is stored in the database, so user can access, analyze or export it later. All measured data is saved to local database so that user can access and analyse data later.
Export of Data in Various Formats
User can export measured data in various formats (*. CSV - Comma-separated values, *. KML - Google Earth *.XLSX - MS Excel) and open them directly in these programs without having to deal with conversion between formats.
Synchronize Data in Real Time with The Web Server
Application now allows to synchronize data in real time with web server, so that decision makers can analyze data in the office and decide further actions.
Receive Actions from Decision Maker Web Server “Route monitoring tower”
Application now allows to accept different actions, like:
- go to certain location action,
- go and measure action and
- custom actions that can be implemented into application.
Benefits of application
- easy to use
- synchronizing the data in real time with the web server
- interactive map showing the measured points in real time (read more)
- interactive chart showing the measured points in real time (read more)
- quick and easy export in various formats (read more)
- adds value to any existing measuring device
- modular application (plugin for a different measuring device can be developed)
- application works on android tablets, that have on average a long battery life
- disposes of data connection cables
Real Field Tests
Application was tested by the highly professional intervention teams from Slovenia from different organizations:
- The Mobile Radiological Laboratory (MRL) of Slovenia, J. Stefan Institute (read more),
- Radiation Protection Unit (RPU) – SVPIS (read more) and
- Institute of Occupational Safety (IOS) (read more).
The application was used in May 2013 and in November 2014 in field measurements around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant during the “Response and Assistance Network” (RANET) workshop held in the Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
- Radiation Protection Unit (RPU) – SVPIS (read more)
- The Mobile Radiological Laboratory (MRL) of Slovenia (read more)
- Federal Office for Civil Protection (FOCP) of Switzerland (read more)
- Institute of Occupational Safety (IOS) in Slovenia (read more).